Vitamin C, with bioflavonoids from oranges, optimizes the beneficial effects of vitamin C by replicating the way it's found in nature – in the presence of flavonoids.
Although you might rely on vitamin C only during the winter months, this vitamin can support your overall health every day. Vitamin C has many roles in your body and is linked to impressive health benefits, including immune function, collagen formation, and supporting liver detoxification.*
Because vitamin C is a vitamin that the body can’t produce, it must be obtained from the diet or by supplementation.
Thorne’s Vitamin C with Flavonoids contains ascorbic acid and naturally occurring citrus flavonoids. The flavonoids provide greater antioxidant capacity than Vitamin C does alone, thus better scavenging free radicals within the body.*
Benefits of Vitamin C with Flavonoids:
• Promotes optimal immune function*
• Important in collagen production, which enhances skin, nail, and hair health*
• Supports healthy tissue and cartilage formation, a benefit during wound healing and injury repair*
• Plays a role in phase I liver detoxification, plus its antioxidant properties help protect against the toxic effects of heavy metals*
• Helps increase glutathione, a potent antioxidant necessary for supporting phase II liver detoxification*
The benefits of collagen production, its antioxidant status, and immune support make vitamin C an important nutrient for surgery patients to support wound healing
ALLERGY WARNING This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
PREGNANCY If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
INTERACTIONS There are no known interactions or contraindications at publication date.
OTHER WARNINGS Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person. This resolves when the dosage is reduced.